Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Note About Micheal Moore

I am watching Sicko, which is the first movie by Micheal Moore that I have seen. I can see why he has gotten such attention and even why he has won awards, but I do have an issue with him.

I am not very familiar with him, actually, so I do not know his agenda. It is clear, though, that his agenda is not helping people or informing the masses about issues. He has some amazing information that he has gathered. He is very smart, no doubt. He could be such an influential person. However, his random interjections of liberal bias blows his whole credibility to shreds. If he would just present the facts without the random stabs at Bush and other conservatives then I think he would be taken more serious and could even influence Washington.

Too bad such good messages are wasted by personal agendas.

Sicko was a good movie and made an excellent point, but it lost a lot when he made Hiliary Clinton out to be an angel who could do no wrong and made Regan out to be an evil bastard and then randomly - and I mean really randomly- threw in some little comment on the war in Iraq.


The bottom line: Objectivity is the key to making people see your point. Let them draw their own opinions and do not force yours on them.


Edited to Add:

I finished the movie and from the point in the movie where I stopped to write the above comments until the end of the movie, it really strayed off topic. In my opinion, Micheal Moore seems to love to throw his belief's at people under the disguise that they are something else - in this case he wanted to throw more punches at the GOP, so he made a new movie, made it about a hot topic and then shoved his GOP bashing in there whenever possible.

This movie had a lot of potential. I really do not care to hear liberal viewpoints - or any viewpoints for that matter. As I said above, if you want to get attention to any topic you have to present it in an unbiased way. Otherwise you are alienating people - possibly people who could help you solve the problem you are bitching about.

I hope you see my point - I am very objective and when I read something or watch something about a debated topic, I find it hard to believe anything as creditable if it is not objective. If you stick to the facts then nobody can debate you because you can not debate facts. Micheal Moore had some great info in this movie. He was on the right track, but his overzealous viewpoints stabbed him in his back and the point he was trying to make was lost. Too bad because health care in the US does suck and there should be something done about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment